After gardening, we left to Pétange via Holzem and Kahler where we visited the Make Koler Kooler mural exhibition. We followed the cycling routes to Helfent, Bertrange, Garnich, Clemency.
Lunch break at Becher-Gare and back to town by train.
Bike to work and more #79: 1000 miles in April and 6000 km in 2019 (☀️)
Easy going and happy 🙂 Via PC 1, PC 13, PC 14, PC 12, Jhangeli West Tour, PC 17, PC 12, Dällchen West Tour, PC 12, PC 15, PC 1; partly unpaved. Met a nice lady riding an e-bike in Reimberg and we had a social chat to Vichten.
Castles, Romans ruins & WWII memorials; on cycle ways, tracks and quiet roads. Only two showers on the way; expected much more. Dramatic sky.
First (miles) century ride of the year. First 80 km were very easy; the remaining 100 km were against the wind (🌬️). Discovered some gems on the way through 2 Luxembourg Cantons, 2 Belgium Arrondissements and 3 French départements. Empty roads (more 🚲 than 🚗, even on the E44). An extended version of leaving home via Mamer and coming back via Holzem 🤣. Arrived back home at dusk.
VeloViewer Explorer stats: 73 new tiles, growing max cluster to 1538 tiles (+7)
A bike tour via Attert (Belgium) and the West of Luxembourg
It was my first time exploring near Trierweiler, a real rollercoaster exercise where I was cheered by some hikers around.
Simplified itinerary from Luxembourg City:
– follow PC 1 and PC 13 to Garnich,
– follow PC 12 to Hagen and Steinfort, stay and follow PC 12 (EuroVelo 5) to PC 17 in Noerdange,
– follow PC 17 to Koetchette (EuroVelo 5), and jump on PC 18 to Martelange,
– continue following EuroVelo 5 signs until cycling directions are provided to Bastogne; note that many parts are unpaved between Martelange and Bastogne,
– continue on the cycleways to Wiltz
Note that my map doesn’t follow this way to Steinfort as I stopped in my office.