This page is currently a work in progress and is being reviewed by some friends. If you find mistake, have additional information to add or are a talented writer willing to help, please let me know.
All bicycles and landscapes photos are free to use, including for commercial purposes; however please do not use pictures with recognisable people as it is very hard to get every one’s permission; those are souvenir photos of memorable bike tours.
Official cycling routes
National cycle routes
In Luxembourg there’s a network of national of 23 cycling routes (as of 2017), locally called Pistes cyclables (PC for short). They are managed by the Ministry of Infrastructure and Sustainable development.
I have been taking photographs of them for some years and it is still a work in progress, so please find the links to my gallery. There are also photos of points of interests next to the different cycling routes.
- PC 5 – coming soon
- PC 6 – coming soon
- PC 7 – coming soon
- PC 8 – coming soon
- PC 10 – coming soon
- PC 11 – waiting 🙂
- PC 18 – coming soon
- PC 19 – resurvey needed
- PC 20 – coming soon
- PC 21 – coming soon
- PC 22 – coming soon
- PC 23 – may have to resurvey
coming soon means I have enough pictures to make a gallery, but haven’t sorted them yet.
Regional cycling routes
. Links PC 1 in Merl to PC 13 in Garnich and an alternative to reach PC 12 in Kahler via a pleasant outlook. Great route combined with PC 13 to do a tour from Luxembourg City to Garnich or Kahler. Would be nice to give it a name.
. Cycling tour in the West of Luxembourg.
- Dällchen West Tour: some photos but more surveys needed.
- Komoot. My komoot profile where I publish some of my bike tours.
- Strava. Follow my ordinary life behind bars and on foot; also check out the Bike2Work Luxembourg Strava Club.
- B:loft: originating from Baff.lu, B:loft aims to foster cycling culture in Luxembourg by organising cycling events.
- Cycle Luxembourg: aims to encourage everyday urban cycling in Luxembourg by offering advice, training and community events.
- Lëtzebuerger Vëlos-Initiativ: the first cycling association in Luxembourg.
- Luxembourgize! (Twitter, medium, homepage): devil’s advocate of today’s & future everyday walking & cycling infrastructure.
Old pages which are today obsolete but kept for prosperity:
- Bicycle trip from Luxembourg to Strasbourg. That map was done a while ago, it did more or less follow the EuroVelo 5 route being designed today (despite not being signposted all along the way, an OpenStreetMap relations are available in Luxembourg, Germany and France).
- Bicycle friendly routes in Luxembourg. An old collection of GPX files printed into a Google Map and exported as a screenshot. Also made obsolete by OpenStreetMap; I only publish some tips about bicycle friendly non-cycling routes (means idyllic landscape + low or restricted motorised traffic), usually with cycling associations.