On Sunday, August 28, meeting point is at 16:00 in the city at the intersection between Boulevard du Prince Henri and Avenue Monterey (next to the boat in the park). Please be there on time as we’ll leave shortly.
Link to map, where you can download the GPX file.
We will ride to Belair, Merl, Bertrange, Holzem, Garnich, Mamer and stop at the picnic place called Drēps. However if the group is too slow or unmotivated, we’ll go straight from Bertrange to Mamer – most of the way is on National Cycleways (PCs), Regional and Local Cycleways.
Below is a view of the picnic area (note that it’s not exclusive to the group):
You can also meet us at Drēps at 19:00 if you want to skip the effort part. Drinks can be cooled down in the river, and there’s a weather shelter.
For the return ride, there are two options, where the first is the most likely due to the surface:
- We’ll go back up to Mamer (get ready for this) and go to PC13 to European School II.
- If eveyone is on a mountain or trekking bike, we could attempt to ride on Sentier de la Mamer to European School II (harder surface but slightly shorter than the first option).
Then we’ll follow the PC13 to Strassen, divert to Les Thermes (to avoid the segment on Route d’Arlon), ride back on PC1 to Val Sainte-Croix and back to the park and finish at the boat intersection.
If the group is big, I will need a co-organizer.
- weather may be hot, so please take plenty of drinks with you
- better have something to eat at the picnic place (but it’s not mandatory).
- please have some bike lights with you, we’re likely to arrive back to the city during dusk.
- if you want/have to leave early, please get the GPX file to your GPS or smartphone to find a safe way back. You can use phone Apps such as ViewRanger or OruxMaps to view the GPX on your phone.
Update after the ride: just a few photos 😉